Thursday, February 16, 2012

vintage

Starting next Thursday, I am going to have a link-up party for vintage quilts and quilt-related things.  I have several wonderful, antique quilts and I thought it would be fun to do some research about their fabrics and patterns.  I know absolutely nothing about the history of fabric and patterns, so this will be a fun, learning experience for me : )

Why vintage instead of antique?  I like this definition that I found for vintage:


  • Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal; classic.




  • I know that many of you have quilts and quilted things from the past that would be fun to see, so I hope you will join the link up party next week.  And it would be great if you would help me with the name.  I am considering  Vintage Quilt Thursday.


    piece,
    elizabeth



    2 comments:

    Lorri said...

    I love this idea!

    Betty Lou said...

    Should be interesting. I only have two old quilts and I have shown both of them on my blog.