Friday, February 3, 2012

friday finish


I have my first friday finish for February : )  It is a rainy morning and the pictures aren't wonderful, but the 4 hearts mini quilt is no longer a UFO!


The pink crochet thread and big stitches were just what this little quilt needed.


I used a scrappy binding, matching the color of the 4 hearts.  The strips were cut at 2 inches instead of the usual 2.5 inches, making it narrower than I would normally make for the binding of a larger quilt.  


The measurements for this mini quilt are 20 X 20 inches.


It is hard to see from this photo(click on the photo for a closer look), but the pink stitches look nice against the green backing fabric.


I can now begin decorating for Valentine's Day......sweet!
I am linking up to Finish It Up Friday.




piece,
elizabeth

12 comments:

Lynette said...

LOVE it!!! :D

beaquilter said...

that looks great, love the pink thread!

sunny said...

You did a great job, Elizabeth! I'm seeing heart projects all over blogland, and I need to make one for myself. This looks simple, but with lots of personality.

Alicia said...

Congrats always is great finishing a project. The quilt is beatiful and all tha fabric you used are lovely!!

Richard Healey said...

Great finish you should go post it on my Friday finishes.

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

What an adorable little quilt! I agree, the large pink hand-quilted stitches really are a terrific finishing touch.

The Mayo Family said...

AWE!
I love it...how pretty!:)
You did a lovely job:)
Have a great evening!

Trusting Him~
Annamarie
(Lori's daughter)

hueisei said...

Sweet! :)

Elizabeth said...

It turned out so beautifully! I love the pink stitching and it is such a cute layout! Congrats on a really fun finish and thank you for linking up!

xo -E

Richard Healey said...

Thank you for stopping by and linking up.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Carla said...

Just perfect!

Paulette said...

Sweet! I want one just like that! :)