Sunday, February 12, 2012

little quilt monday~~~clamshell mini quilt


Little Quilt Monday

I am having so much fun learning tips and techniques for working with curves in Curve Camp this month, and this clamshell mini quilt is one of my class projects.  The basic pattern is a machine appliquéd  pillow, and I decided to make it into a mini quilt and add some big stitch quilting.  I will not go into the process of this project, because it is Rachel's pattern and technique for the machine appliquéd clamshells.  I definitely recommend taking her class on curves next time it is offered : )


I used osnaburg cotton fabric that looks like linen.  The charm squares are Moda, but I cannot remember the name of the designer, the charms were in my stash.  edited 2-15-12.....I just figured out the charm pack is Folklorique by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda : )




I hand stitched the clamshell shape with olive green crochet thread.  After I put the binding on, I decided it was too plain, so I added more hand stitching!  This mini quilt is about 15 X 15 inches.  I have linked up to Sew Modern Monday , Fabric Tuesday, and Finish It Up Friday.


Now it's your turn to link up something to

Little Quilt Monday

1.  This link-up party is for any small project.  For example, mini quilts, doll quilts, baby quilts, place mats, mug rugs,
wall quilts, table runners, etc.
2.  They can be a WIP(work-in-progress) or finished.
3.  If it is something from the past there is no need to write a new blog post, just link the one that you have already written, and, please link back to my blog post.
4.   If you are interested, you can add your pictures to my flickr group here, or join my Facebook group here. 

Let's inspire each other!

piece,
elizabeth



13 comments:

Betty Lou said...

What a sweet little quilt, love the way you big stitched the clam shell shape.

Lynette said...

Clever design! What a lovely mini. :)

Celtic Thistle said...

Lovely quilt, especially like the extra quilting.

Courtney said...

Wow, I love how you continued the scallop pattern with your quilting! So pretty!

Elaine said...

love the quilting you did on this!

Elizabeth said...

Such a cute little clamshell quilt! The colors are so pretty and you did a beautiful job with the curves. I love your stitching, as always.

xo -E

Susana Neiger said...

I love the handstitching details! And the clamshells! Awesome! I didn't manage to get any Monday posts out for Little Quilt Monday, but hope to have something next week.

Karen said...

What a lovely wee quilt & so beautifully stitched!

Laura said...

wow- I love this!! What a great idea to turn it into a mini-quilt. I'm taking the curves class, too. I stopped on over from Fabric Tuesday. Out of curiosity - I keep seeing mini quilts turn up everywhere - - what do you do w/a mini quilt?? I love the concept, I'm just not sure where to put it when I finish it.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very nice. I like the added quilting!

kinter said...

I love your clamshells and the quilting makes it so fun. Great job! Wish I had a mini to enter!

Sequana said...

When I did my clamshell pillow in Curves Class, I knew that I wanted to do more of them.

This is the perfect way, really. Any size, any shape, and it looks just great.

Congrats on a job well done.

Michelle said...

That is GORGEOUS! I really want to try clamshells one of these days.