Wednesday, March 4, 2015

needle minder tutorial


I didn't know what a needle minder/pin keeper was until I saw one on one
of my friends IG(Instagram).  I wanted to make one and I found a 
cool IG tutorial on What the Bobbin blog.

You can use a needle minder for hand stitching, embroidery, cross stitch, appliqué,
hand binding a quilt…any time you need to keep track of your needles or pins!

So here are a few that I have made today along with a mini tutorial….they are a bit addicting : )

Supplies:
Button cover kit
Magnets
Fabric 
Super Glue
Scissors

pin keeper tutorial

Use the template provided in the button cover kit to draw a circle for the button.


Cover the button according to the directions given in the kit.



  
Apply super glue to attach the magnet to the button.


                         You will need two magnets when using your needle minder.



pin keeper


I am warning you….they are so much fun to make!  You will not be
able to stop at one : )



Enjoy!

piece,
elizabeth











1 comment:

Pieces of Cotton said...

Thank you! I was wanting to know how they were made.