Friday, August 16, 2019

Qu-Aint Collaboration

I have been away from blogging for a few years, instead posting pictures on Instagram and Facebook.  I have a new, exciting collaboration to talk about, and there will be lots of things to write about, so this is the perfect time to begin blogging again!

The collaboration is called Qu-Aint, which stands for Quilt + Paint. It consists of one painter, Jason Wilson, and seven quilters(including me), that I look forward to introducing to you to as our collaboration continues!

Our first show is in Tulsa, Oklahoma in September.  It will consist of at least seven quilts inspired by one of Jason's paintings, 
Twisted Diamonds.



I was inspired by the two little hourglass(sometimes called quarter square) quilt blocks in Jason's painting. I named my quilt, Time. I am aware of how precious the passage of time is, and I am fond of the Pink Floyd song that reminds us that time can slip by before we realize it. 

I have been naturally dyeing fabrics and decided that this was the perfect "time" to start using them. I chose indigo and avocado dyed linen with an indigo shibori center. 







I am waiting to post a picture of my quilt until the exhibition begins, September 6-29. The exhibition is called Facets at Mainline Art Bar in Tulsa. 

piece,
elizabeth

2 comments:

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Sounds intriguing. Look forward to seeing more here and on IG

elizabeth said...

It is an exciting collaboration...I will be sure to share what’s going on!