Friday, August 23, 2019

Sunshine

One of the things that I am becoming passionate about is natural dyeing my fabric. I am working on a quilt that includes both indigo and turmeric dyed fabrics. I especially like the look of dyed linen, but I am over dyeing printed cotton fabrics with great success. I have been using cyanotypes in my current works, and I dyed this leaf cyanotype in turmeric too.


       I am quilting with straight or matchstick stitches...my favorite kind of quilting.


             The final quilt measures 20 x 20 inches and I used a knife edged binding.


I am entering this quilt in the the Fiber Artists
 of Oklahoma show in November called Fiberworks.

piece, 
elizabeth 

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a lovely autumnal quilt Elizabeth! By dyeing your own fabric, it is totally unique and YOU!