Sunday, February 19, 2012

little quilt monday~~~finished pinwheel mini quilt


Little Quilt Monday

I had a chance to sit and finish the big stitch quilting on the pinwheel mini quilt.  I used a scrappy fabric binding, and turquoise crochet thread for the hand stitching.  These pictures of the four corners show the different fabrics I used for the binding and a closer look at my stitches : )  And for a really close look, you can click on the pictures!





This mini's measurements are 15.5 X 21.5 inches.  Just the right size for a doll quilt.


My process post showing how I made this project can be found here.


Now it is your turn to link up something to 

Little Quilt Monday

1.  This link-up party is for any small project.  For example, mini quilts, doll quilts, baby quilts, place mats, mug rugs,
wall quilts, table runners, etc.
2.  They can be a WIP(work-in-progress) or finished.
3.  If it is something from the past there is no need to write a new blog post, just link the one that you have already written, and, please link back to my blog post.
4.   If you are interested, you can add your pictures to my flickr group here, or join my Facebook group here. 

Let's inspire each other!

piece,
elizabeth




12 comments:

Deborah said...

Your pinwheel quilt is super lovely. I have a project I'm going to big stitch which I've never attempted. I looked at the close up pics. Very, very nicely done!

Richard Healey said...

I love the pinwheels. I have been wanting to make me one of them for a while just not quite got too it. But soon.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
Stop by for my quilt givaway to guess my babys b-day and weight.

Betty Lou said...

This one is a cutie, like the bright colors. I have the pattern and template to make one, it's on my "To Do" list.

Debbie said...

Darling little quilt - love your hand-stitching.

Krista Schneider said...

it's adorable! thanks for hosting the linky, so fun :D

Pippa Armbrester said...

This is a great idea! I love minis these days. Thanks for hosting this ;)

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said...

just popped over from quilt story and linked up, just happened to have a mini this week!

Elizabeth said...

Love those pretty little pinwheels!

xo -E

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a sweet quilt!

Heather said...

That is so sweet! Beautiful work!

Amanda Jean said...

that is a fun little mini! love the handstitching details, too!

thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

Anonymous said...

That is such a bold and beautiful mini!