Tuesday, February 21, 2012

granny square number one


I am joining the Granny Square quilt block bandwagon!  I have some 3 inch vintage fabric squares that I occasionally pull out for making hexagons.  These will be perfect for this quilt block.  The original pattern calls for 2.5 inch fabric squares, but I decided to just leave mine at 3 inches.  What an easy block to make using scraps, and I already had the Kona Snow fabric for the background.  I have squared up the block a little bigger than it will be in the end, just to make sure all my blocks turn out to be the same size : )



piece,
elizabeth

2 comments:

aksherry said...

pretty!!! I am planning on jumping on this bandwagon too. I am going to use scraps and I think a grey for the background. I always do white so I wanted to do something different.

Elizabeth said...

This looks like a very interesting and exciting project. Love this first block. Can't wait to see the rest ;).

xo -E