Tuesday, November 15, 2011

finished yo-yo mini quilt


I finished the little quilt that I showed here on Little Quilt Monday.  





I hand stitched with variegated crochet thread and used a scrappy binding to finish this little mini.


I backed this little quilt with some of my favorite Kaffe fabric.  I have a Little/mini quilt flickr group for fun and inspiration and you are welcome to add pictures of the little quilts you have made.  I also have a facebook page for mini quilts that is for the same reason : )



The yo-yos were so easy to make.  I plan to make some using Christmas fabric scraps, but I don't know for sure how I will use them.  They would probably look cute in a jar....hum....I like that idea : ) 


piece,
elizabeth










17 comments:

Susana Neiger said...

Awesome! I love how the quilting turned out! Great binding and backing, too. And, here again, I'm loving the dark background ... I need to try more dark backgrounds, because they really highlight the colors well!

Quiltstory said...

it is precious! Thanks for linking to fabric Tuesday!

Heather D. said...

It turned out adorable! Love all the colourful thread.

Krista Schneider said...

nice! love the hand quilting, looks so good!

Lynette said...

Oh!!!! Oh, wow - Elizabeth, do you mind if I put a full-size one of these on my bucket list? I've been looking for fun scrap-busters to do next year.

Kathy MacKie said...

Love it, you have a great eye for color.

Rosa said...

Love it,it´s absolutely wonderful.

Rachel Slote-Brown said...

Beautiful. A yo-yo quilt is on my someday list.

Colby said...

This is such a neat color scheme for a yoyo quilt! Love the hand quilting too, I'm biased when it comes to hand quilting compared to machine quilting...

Dayna said...

This is adorable!

Alison V. said...

This looks so cute!

Heather said...

That is SO cute! Gotta love yo-os... :o)

felicity said...

I have to say I don't usually like yoyos - you may have converted!

Carla said...

Your mini is super cute! love the colors and use of your crochet thread.

Rene' said...

Elizabeth, this is so darn cute!!! Love the colorful stitching.

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous!! I love the pretty colours of the stitching on the dark background!

Anonymous said...

wowwwww, that is gorgious!