Sunday, November 20, 2011

little quilt monday~~~faux piped binding mini quilt


Little Quilt Monday

The technique that I decided to try on this mini quilt was faux piping along the binding.  I used the tutorial found here, but I hand stitched the binding instead of using my machine.


This little quilt was made with a Riley Blake cherry fabric along with white linen.  



The mini measures 10 X 10 inches and I hand stitched with linen colored crochet thread.  Although the piped binding technique wasn't hard, I don't think I am ready to try it on a larger quilt.  I like the look with the hand stitches, but I am not sure I would have been successful sewing it down by machine : )





Now it is your turn to link up a little project that you are working on or have finished for
Little Quilt Monday!

I have linked up with Sew and Tell Friday.
Let's inspire each other!

piece,
elizabeth


7 comments:

Susana Neiger said...

I really like the "piped" binding! It looks great, and thanks for the tutorial link. I've never tried it, but I love the look! I've got a fun mini-quilt project to link later today, after I blog about it ...

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi! That's is a really lovely mini quilt! Beautiful stitching and the piping next to the binding is great! I should try that - thank you for sharing! x Teje

Rebecca said...

Love the piping and hand-quilting! Nice work!

Kirsten said...

Beautiful mini quilt Elizabeth - love the piping and the hand quilting!!

Elena said...

Very cute, I love the colors you used!
Besos
Elena

Heather said...

What a darling little mini... I really like the faux piping! :o)

Dayna said...

I love this!