Thursday, January 19, 2012

rose bud hexagon

I plan to make a rose star block using the tutorial found here.  There are already so many darling ones showing up on flickr and different quilting blogs.  I started out with my hexagon of either 2 1/4 inches or 2 1/2 inches....which is correct?

Then I drew the lines on my hexagons for the rose star pattern.
I cut them apart and started my English paper piecing  and decided that some of the pieces were entirely too small for me to fiddle with, so that is when I decided to make rose buds instead : )
I am using my heather ross fabric for these and I think I am going to have lots of fun making rose buds!


I will try the rose star pattern again with a larger hexagon, but for now I am content with these cuties.
You may notice that I don't sew with the thread on top like the tutorial.  I learned to sew on the back, not go through the paper, and then I just leave the thread alone when I take the paper out.


piece,
elizabeth

1 comment:

Steph F. said...

These look beautiful!

I just started paper piecing hexagons. I've only done 8 or so.

I really like this pattern!