Sunday, January 1, 2012

little quilt monday~~~yo-yo mini quilt


Little Quilt Monday

Happy New Year and welcome to the first Little Quilt Monday of 2012!

I thought I'd remind you of the rules for this weekly link-up party:
1.  This link-up party is for any small project.  For example, mini quilts, doll quilts, baby quilts, place mats, mug rugs,
wall quilts, table runners, etc.
2.  They can be a WIP(work-in-progress) or finished.
3.  If it is something from the past there is no need to write a new blog post, just link the one that you have already written, and, please link back to my blog post.

The reason I started this link-up party is to provide inspiration for me and my blog readers.  I have found that making a mini quilt is a great way to try new techniques or patterns,  practice machine or hand quilting, or experiment with different color combinations.  I am enjoying this process and I will try to have something new to show you each Monday.
  
This week I am going to finish a UFO(unfinished object : )  It is in the WIP stage, because I am still enjoying my family time in Colorado, but I hope to finish this mini quilt this week.  While here at our Colorado cabin,  I have found these 1 1/2 inch yo-yos that I made at least 10 years ago.(obvious by the homespun plaids!)
There are 100 yo-yos.

I started with  3 1/4 inch circles to make the 1 1/2 inch yo-yos.

I am sewing them together with black embroidery floss.  The finished mini quilt will be 10 X 10.                                        





The original plan for this UFO was to make more green yo-yos and place them in a tree shape using the black for the trunk and the red as the background.   Now I plan to make the layout above, giving a more modern look to the homespun fabrics.

And now it is your turn to link-up a small project below to

Little Quilt Monday.

Let's inspire each other!
piece,
elizabeth


2 comments:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

That layout really does modernize it. Good job on attacking your WIP's=) Welcome to Curves Camp!

Susana Neiger said...

Looks great! Have fun with the yo-yos!