Friday, January 27, 2012

friday finish

I finished my quilted bathmat this week that I first showed here.  It is a practical finish that will add a little charm to my bath.  It is a simple 4 X 6 five inch square mat, but the fabric is gorgeous.  I quilted in the ditch of each row and also along the edge.



It is funny how one little change can make a difference in a room : )


My other finish this week was my velveteen pinkeeper.  I posted my tutorial here, and although it was another simple project, it is proving to be very useful!


I am linking up to Finish It Up Friday and TGIFF.


piece,
elizabeth

14 comments:

Tiffany said...

Grats on the two finishes! The pincushion is adorable.

Betty Lou said...

How cute, I like to see a little quilty stuff although the house, but I must admit, I hadn't thought about the bathroom. Great idea.

Alison V. said...

I love the colors of the bathmat! I would be tempted to not use it because it is so beautiful!

Lynette said...

Ooooo - love the bath mat! I need to do that. Did you just use terry cloth for the back? Good to see you at TGIFF. :D

Laura said...

I LOVE your bathmat. I'm making one today, I need something to brighten up my bathroom. Thanks for sharing!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Wow! I never thought of making a bath mat. That is really nice and looks great! I love your pin holder.

Rachel Slote-Brown said...

Love the bath mat. I need to make one for in front of the kitchen sink.

bethanndodd said...

Love the colors of your bath mat...looks great! Smiles~Beth

Heather said...

Oh, I love your bathmat idea! So pretty AND useful! I may just have to make one of those when I get around to finishing my bathroom. :o)

M-R Charbonneau said...

Those fabrics are gorgeous! I love your pin keeper - I totally need one of those. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Mary said...

Cute bath mat. I made one about 5 years ago using a faded but still thick blue towel for the backing. I love it.

My husband has since learned that he is NOT to put bleach in every load of towels to "sanitize" them. LOL

A Colorful World said...

I would never have thought about making a quilted bathmat, but it's absolutely charming!

Pieces of Cotton said...

Very nice bathmat. I put the non-stick shelf liner on the back of mine.

My Quilt Corner said...

Very cute! I love the idea of small, if just to stay motivated on the big....