Wednesday, March 7, 2012

vintage quilt thursday~~~beaded pincushion


Vintage Quilt Thursday

I have ordered a book to help me date the fabrics of my vintage quilts that I hope to have by next week.  Until then, I thought I'd show you a beautiful vintage pincushion that I bought at an antique store.  It isn't in perfect condition, but it is still very pretty.  The beads on the top are so tiny, and the little chains hanging from the sides are sort of quirky and fun.


The pincushion measurements are 6" X 2.5".
Click on the pictures for a closer look.


The center is missing some beads and, perhaps, that is where the pins were usually stuck!  I hope to someday find a pretty pin or two to put in the center.  However, it is still so lovely : )  The sun came out later in the day, so I took another picture to show the beads and chains sparkle.



Now it is your turn to link up something to

Vintage Quilt Thursday

 1. This link-up party is for any vintage quilted or sewing related item.
2.  If it is something that you have already blogged about, there is no need to write a new blog post,  just link to the one that you have already written.
3.  Please link back to my blog post.

My hope is as I do more research on my vintage quilts and quilted items, that I will gain more knowledge about the quilt patterns and fabrics of the past.  Hopefully, my fabric dating book will arrive soon.  

piece,
elizabeth

1 comment:

Cherie said...

When I first saw the picture it looked like one of those old footstools!! What a cute pincushion.....how could anyone stab it with pins though! =D