Monday, March 26, 2012

little quilt monday~~~sliced mat

Little Quilt Monday

I have another Curves Camp project to show you today.  In the advance curves improv class we had several project choices and I picked the sliced mat.  I had made a bath mat before, and I am really enjoying it, so I knew if I made another mat that it would be useful.


This time I made it thicker, like Rachel suggested, with batting and terrycloth.  I machine quilted with my walking foot at half inch intervals on the top and batting.  Then I put the terrycloth and top with right sides together and sewed around leaving an opening to turn.  I stitched around the edge to close the opening and to give it a finished look.



Now it is your turn to link up something to

Little Quilt Monday

1.  This link-up party is for any small project.  For example, mini quilts, doll quilts, baby quilts, place mats, mug rugs,
wall quilts, table runners, etc.

2.  They can be a WIP(work-in-progress) or finished.

3.  If it is something from the past there is no need to write a new blog post, just link the one that you have already written, and, please link back to my blog post.

4.   If you are interested, you can add your pictures to my flickr group here, or join my Facebook group here. 

Let's inspire each other!

piece,
elizabeth

2 comments:

The Cozy Pumpkin said...

"Sew" cute!!! I never even thought of a bathmat. What a fun idea!

-Amanda-

Taryn V. said...

The bath mat is awesome!I love all the vintage photos on it!