Friday, March 23, 2012

bow tie quilt block tutorial


I decided to make a bow tie quilt block after posting my vintage bow tie quilt yesterday.  I used floral fabric scraps and Kona white.

I cut two 4.5 inch floral print squares and two 4.5 inch Kona white squares.  I added a 2.5 inch square at the corner of the Kona white and sewed on the diagonal line.



Cut off the excess fabric a quarter inch from stitching and iron flat.


Sew the 4 patch squares together to make the bow tie quilt block.(sewing with a quarter inch seam)


I made a few more and started playing with the layout.





These are fun and easy and a great way to use up scraps.
I am going to keep making bow tie blocks and see what happens : )

If this inspires you to make any bow tie blocks,  please link back to this post.  I would love to see them....let me know what you have made! 

piece,
elizabeth 

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Thanks for the tutorial I was wondering how to make these!

I've nominated you for an award please head over to my blog for the details =D