Thursday, December 22, 2011

more baking

I am not spending time sewing, but I am still baking : )  My blog will be quieter than usual as I spend time with last minute details preparing for family this Christmas.  These pressed cookies are supposed to look like trees.


The recipe for these spritz cookies is so easy....

1 C shortening
3/4 C sugar
1 egg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 C all-purpose flour
green food coloring(for Christmas trees)

Cream shortening and sugar.  Add egg, dry ingredients, flavoring and then a few drops of food coloring.
Mix well.  Now using your cookie press form cookies.  Add sprinkles if you would like.  Bake 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees(preheated oven).


These taste great with a cup of coffee!

I so hope to have a new mini quilt to start the New Year off on Little Quilt Monday
Remember,  Little Quilt Monday will start again on January 2, 2012.

Merry Christmas!

piece,
elizabeth 

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love spritz cookies!! I eat them right out of the freezer...so good.