Thursday, November 20, 2014

wool applique quilt

wool quilt

I finally finished my wool appliqué quilt that I started
several years ago!

It has been a fun project to pick up and stitch…. a few blocks at a time.


I used gold perle cotton to blanket stitch around the hearts and also to tie the
top to the flannel backing.  


Here's little tip to make threading your needles easier…thread lots of needles at once.
That way when you run out of thread on one needle, the next is ready to go!

I decided the pull my threads to the back of the quilt so that the front would look smooth.





I didn't use any batting with the wool and flannel because that would have
made it very heavy.


This is a very cozy little quilt that I know will come in handy this winter.

piece,
elizabeth




2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That looks so pretty and I'll bet it is super comfortable.

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Beautiful quilt Elizabeth -- isn't it so much fun to work with wool? Thanks for sharing!