Sunday, January 2, 2011

quilt for mother

I made a chemo quilt for my sweet mother in 2005, and she passed away in April of 2010.   I keep it at our Colorado cabin.  When I asked her what color to make it, she picked green and purple.  Those just happen to be our favorite colors, hers was green and mine is purple : )  I made up a quick pattern and my LAQ friend, Debbie Croft,  quilted it as soon as I finished, so that my mother could have it for comfort and love.  My mother was a wonderful lady, and a joy to be around to the very end.

piece,

elizabeth



6 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Happy New Year my friend! I am soooo happy to meet you and how exciting that you live here in Edmond!

I love the quilt you made for your mother. What a beautiful forever gift. I'm quite sure it was a huge blessings to her.

Can't wait to read more about you and your passions and loves~

Love to you~

Rebecca

Val said...

Hi Elizabeth, I wish you a Happy New Year! I am quite a new visitor to your blog but have been blessed with being there, especially your posting of this lovely quilt. I want to give you The Stylish Blogger Award! Please pop over to my blog and you are welcome to take the button to add to yours. Also please take a peek at my Give Away for the 31st January :0)
I hope you participate and enjoy the Stylish Blogger
Best wishes,
Val xx Oxfordshire UK

Jennifer said...

This is such a pretty quilt and such a sweet thing to do for your mother!

Jennifer :)

Paula said...

What a beautiful and heartfelt gift. I love it.

Becky said...

This quilt brought tears to my eyes. I lost my dad, much too early from a sudden pulmonary embolism in May 2008. He was 66. It hurts so much! Beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing! Those are my my favorite colors too. Peace.

Quiltstory said...

Oh what a sweet and kind gift for your mother. I love that you used each of your favorite colors. So nice to have something physical that once comforted her and now can comfort you. Blessings.