Tuesday, September 13, 2011

mini hexi


I finished my hexagon mini quilt that I started here.  I used several fabrics on the back for fun and I think it turned out well.   I may still add a few embroidery stitches, but I am happy to leave it alone for now.   I have it hanging in my sewing room : )   Don't you love Amy Butler's Gypsy Caravan fabric?  I have enjoyed using up all those pretty scraps to make the hexagons.




Hexagons are so much fun to make, I will always have more to play with and perhaps I will someday make a large quilt with them!   ( probably not : )

piece,
elizabeth

3 comments:

sunny said...

Hexies are addicting, aren't they? If you want to make a big quilt, just make a few hexies each week, and they will pile up faster than you expect.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful little quilt!!!

Shannon said...

I love your hexagon mini-quilt! I've been piecing hexagons lately for a hand project and wondering what I should do with them. Like you, I'm not sure a large hexie quilt is in my future. Your mini-quilt is inspiring though, maybe I should just do something small with mine too. Love the colors!