Sunday, June 10, 2012

little quilt monday~~~pincushions


Little Quilt Monday

I had a wonderful time, Sunday afternoon.  Several close friends of mine gave a bridal shower
for my daughter.  It was lots of fun seeing my daughter so happy, and helping her
celebrate this special event in her life : )

I am getting a chance to sew, but my priorities are taking charge of what I get done.
This week-end I started making some pin cushions to go along with the lavender sachets
 that I am making for the bridal party.


I am using some vintage fabric squares, linen, and some cute
yardstick fabric from Moda.


Click the pictures to see a close-up of these vintage fabrics.


These are oh, so easy to make, and a pleasure to give to my daughter's dear friends.


Although the fabric is vintage, I think the colors will be appealing to her friends.


Now it is your turn to link up something to

Little Quilt Monday


1.  This link-up party is for any small project.  For example, mini quilts, doll quilts, baby quilts, place mats, mug rugs, purses,
wall quilts, table runners, etc.

2.  They can be a WIP(work-in-progress) or finished.

3.  If it is something from the past there is no need to write a new blog post, just link the one that you have already written, and please link back to my blog post.

4.   If you are interested, you can add your pictures to my flickr group here, or join my Facebook group here. 

Let's inspire each other!

piece,
elizabeth

I am linking to Fabric Tuesday.



June Finishes

4 comments:

Judy Hansen said...

I like your pincushions! The yard tape fabric is great to put on there as I often just want to check a seam to see if it is 1/4 inch, and they could do that with their pincushions. Very cute!

Celtic Thistle said...

How nice to have handmade gifts for the bridal party, they will be much treasured I am sure.

Cherie said...

Such cute pincushions! Looks like you and I are in the same boat!
I'll link up mine later =D

Elizabeth said...

Those are SEW, SEW cute! I love the fabrics! What sweet little gifts for your daughter's friends! Great finish! Thanks for linking up!

xo -E