Saturday, March 3, 2012

little quilt monday~~~hourglass mini quilt


Little Quilt Monday

I am posting Little Quilt Monday early to remind you to enter and link up your mini quilts to the Modern Mini Quilt Challenge at Ellison Lane Quilts here.  The deadline is Monday, and just in case you forgot, I am hoping this will give you enough time to put your finishing touches to your mini quilt entry!  If you don't plan to enter, you will want to go take a look at all the wonderful, creative entries....lots of inspiration.

I used gray Kona and a charm pack of Reunion by Sweetwater for Moda fabrics to make my little mini quilt.  I cut each charm into 3 inch squares to end up with 2 inch finished half square triangles.  Then I had fun pairing them up and making little hourglass blocks.



I hand stitched with red crochet thread.  I used a fat quarter of one of the Reunion fabrics for the binding.  The hourglass mini quilt finished at 15.5 X 15.5 inches.


 Looks like a tic tac toe board : )
Click on pictures for a closer look.



I like the Reunion fabric line, and I just may have to use this fabric and pattern to make a picnic quilt.

Now it is your turn to link up something to

Little Quilt Monday 

1.  This link-up party is for any small project.  For example, mini quilts, doll quilts, baby quilts, place mats, mug rugs,
wall quilts, table runners, etc.
2.  They can be a WIP(work-in-progress) or finished.
3.  If it is something from the past there is no need to write a new blog post, just link the one that you have already written, and, please link back to my blog post.
4.   If you are interested, you can add your pictures to my flickr group here, or join my Facebook group here. 

Let's inspire each other!

piece,
elizabeth

I am linking to Sew Modern Monday Fabric Tuesday and Finish It Up Friday.

March Finishes





20 comments:

Annabella said...

Such a cute mini! I love the fabric and the hand stitching is beautiful.

Cherie said...

So gorgeous! All the fabrics blend well together. =D

Heidi Staples said...

I love this! The red hand stitching makes it absolutely perfect. I can totally see this pattern and fabric in a larger picnic quilt!

Maree said...

Sorry my image doesn't seem to be there. It also originally uploaded half cropped off. I might try again later. Love your little mini quilt.

CityHouseStudio said...

This is so cute!
I love your hand stitching and fabric choices!

JariJari said...

such a charming work! Love it!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Very pretty! I was drawn to it from all the thumbnails.

Taryn V. said...

I love your Reunion mini! The colors are so pretty and I adore the red stitching. I feel inspired to make a mini quilt now!

hilary said...

Simple and very beautifull at the same time, I like the design!
Best regards

Kirsten said...

Sweetwater do make the nicest fabrics - love your mini quilt Elizabeth!

Tsoniki said...

Very pretty!

Susana Neiger said...

Really cute! Love the triangles, and the extra detail that the quilting gives. My Monday post that I'm linking here mentions some inspiration I got from you, so THANKS for that! :-) Happy Monday to you!

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

Oh that is so cute! Love the colors too!

Nicole said...

Love these tiny hourglass blocks! Very cute.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Just added another post from this week as it is a LITTLE Quilt -- a baby Quilt -- so I double shared this week! Thanks for hosting!

Sara said...

I like that red stitching and the binding is awesome!

Dee said...

How very fun! Such a happy mini. Thanks for sharing...it makes me smile!

Heather said...

That is a darling little quilt! :)

Elizabeth said...

I love the colors and fabrics in this mini. The hourglass blocks are so much fun! And that red stitching is just perfect! Thanks for linking up!

xo -E

Allison said...

I love the red hand quilting stitches!