Tuesday, October 4, 2011

criss cross applesauce

Remember this rhyme:

Criss-cross applesauce
Spoons in the the bowl
Hands in your lap


I  sometimes sit with my legs crossed like the rhyme when I am at my computer.  And I discovered how to make applesauce in my crock pot!  This may be something you have always done, but for me it was a great discovery.  I found the basic recipe at Crock Pot Girls.   Here's what I did.....so easy.
I have always liked to cut the apple so I could see the star : )





I cored three apples and quartered them.  I didn't peel them, so this is a rustic applesauce.   I put the apples in my crock pot along with a couple tablespoons of brown sugar and a teaspoon of cinnamon.(It isn't necessary to measure exactly,  just put in what you want)   Turned the crock pot on high and enjoyed the wonderful aroma for about 2.5 to 3 hours.  Then I mashed the apple mixture with my potato masher and smiled : )


Yummy breakfast.  I feel so bad for serving my family applesauce from a jar all these years.....

piece,
elizabeth





No comments: