Monday, February 22, 2016

mini quilts on canvas

I have been working on a variety of projects lately.  One project has been fun and a little different for me.  I have been trying to figure out a way to frame a mini quilt, and I started playing with the idea of mounting them on canvas.  It is kind of quirky, but I kind of like it too!



wool heart and french knots

hexagon mini quilt on canvas

doily mini quilt on canvas

I painted the heart mini canvas before I mounted it, and I like the darker canvas with the wool heart, but the unpainted canvases makes the mini quilts pop, and I like that too...decisions, decisions : )




Who knows if I will continue this, but it has been fun, and I think I will leave these mini quilts this way and either hang them on the wall or lean them on a shelf.



piece,
elizabeth

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Very fun! I like the contrast against the canvas.

Susan said...

The framing method is great! But the minis themselves are very pretty, with lots of details to look at!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I think this idea is brilliant for really small mini quilts. It takes something that can seem almost insignificant due to the size and turns it into art. I'll be keeping this in mind if I do any really small pieces.

OPQuilt said...

Beautiful mini quilts, all. I love your idea and love your examples, as they give me a lot of ideas of how to use this technique. Lots of my minis are bigger, but I've always wanted to try the small pieces. This shows me how I can do that, yet still use them as art around the house. Bravo!
:) Elizabeth

Unknown said...

Love this idea! How are you mounting them onto the canvas?
Rose