Wednesday, October 28, 2015

little lap quilt--blogger's quilt festival entry

I received a special request this week from my daughter for a lap quilt.  She is a physical therapist for children at a rehabilitation hospital.  At the end of her workday, she sits at her desk to fill out the daily paperwork and her office is cold.  Like most quilters, I have a pile of quilt tops waiting in line to be finished, so I looked through the pile and I found a small one that would be perfect for her office lap quilt.

This is also my entry in the small quilt category in the Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2015.  Be sure and go here for lots of  beautiful quilts and inspiration.



This small top has been waiting quite a while to be finished...here is the original post that I wrote about making this quilt top from leftover strips of Botany by Moda and Kona white.

I machine quilted in straight lines and then added some of my favorite big stitches. 






After adding the binding, I decided it was too plain, and I added more big stitches : )



This lap quilt measures 30"X40".  
It has been washed and is now waiting to be gifted to my daughter... it'll be like I am giving her a big ole hug every time she uses it!  That must be why I quilt... I am a hugger : )



It is always so satisfying to finish a quilt.

piece,
elizabeth







3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is such a nice gift from Mom. I'm sure she loves the warmth it gives her.

ann said...

Very sweet!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Beautiful little quilt. I love the extra texture the big stitching adds.