Friday, August 8, 2014

sewing curves

I took a class on sewing curves at the SewOK retreat a couple weeks ago.  The teacher was
Dana Bolyard from Old Red Barn Co. blog.  She has written a wonderful book 
called Imagine Quilts from That Patchwork Place.

Here is the block that I made in her class using some black Essex linen and
Amy Butler's Hapi fabric.



imagine quilts with Dana Bolyard

I decided to add more borders of Hapi….why not?


I finished with an off-center block and now I am ready to start quilting!
It measures 45 X 45 inches….just the size for me to machine quilt comfortably : )


I am still deciding on how the quilting will look….
do you have any suggestions?

piece,
elizabeth

4 comments:

Shel Harrington said...

Love the way the curves give it movement, Elizabeth - a lesson well learned!

Letty said...

My eyes love the way the curves and squares contrast and compliment each other, plus the colors are delightful.

elizabeth said...

I agree, you can't go wrong with curves….it is just scary to try them…at first : )

Anna said...

I wish I could say I've done something with my curved pieces.... but I haven't. I'm still waiting (im)patiently for this quilt to show up on my porch. AHEM.