Monday, September 19, 2011

big finish on mini quilt monday



I am so happy with my finish today.  It is a block I made when I joined one of Lily's quilt alongs.  I made this dresden circle and didn't know if it would ever lay flat.  But after the big stitch quilting and binding I am happy to say it is flat and will look nice on my sewing room wall : )







I had several firsts on this Mini Quilt Monday .  I started big stitch quilting, used 505 basting spray, and I also used scrap binding.  All in all, this was a good finish!





I may decide to add more stitching to this mini quilt later, but for now I am going to just enjoy it like it is.  It was a beautiful morning to take pictures and my sweet dog, Sandy, is always nearby in case I need her help.

I have linked this blog to Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday.

piece,
elizabeth

7 comments:

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

That is so wonderful - gotta love those Kaffe reds and pinks!

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said...

What a great dresden, a a perfect use for a mini quilt. The scrap binding goes really well as does the polka dots! Coming from mini quilt @ fresh lemons!

Shannon said...

I love the colors in your mini-quilt. And a great use for your dresden block. I love to make minis out of things I want to try but not make a billion of. Also, I'm a firm believer that all quilt pictures are improved by a dog, so yay!

Toni said...

What a great little quilt! I'm impressed by any quilts with curves and yours is beautiful! Love the pictures of the binding rolled up!

Emily said...

Lovely mini quilt. I've never tried a dresden circle block. Look's great!

Faith Jones said...

Such a great mini! The curved pieces look fabulous.

felicity said...

A beautiful gift for yourself! I love the polka dots with the Kaffe. Perfect!