Friday, October 29, 2010

blogger's quilt festival

Here is my entry in the Blogger's Quilt Festival hosted by amyscreativeside.com :

I have collected many blue and white fabrics and after I cut them into charm squares I used my "go to" technique that I have shown here.  I learned this technique, how to turn charm squares on point, about 9 years ago from my local quilt shop.  Whenever I want to make something quick and easy, no matter what size quilt I need, this is my favorite easy quilt method.   I try to cut some squares out of all of my fabric, because the idea of a charm quilt is to have no two squares alike.  This is a great way to use your stash!  This technique works for any size charm square, so I usually cut 4, 5 and 6 inch squares to have on hand : )





I hope you are enjoying the Blogger's Quilt Festival!


piece,

elizabeth

11 comments:

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

Beautiful colors making this a stunning quilt. Great Job.

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Your quilt is so pretty! The colors are great! It's such a cozy and inviting quilt...

ohiostar5 said...

This is a wonderful technique, can't wait to try it. Using your example, how large is the quilt? BettyLou

Lois said...

What a great idea you have shared. Love all the blues. Thank you. Love Lois

elizabeth said...

The quilt is 45" x 57" using 6 inch charm squares.

Chris said...

Great idea. Perfect use of scraps :)

Angie @ CraftedAngles said...

This is a lovely quilt. I have noticed a lot of people are sharing quilts in the BQF from fabric that the collected -- similar to you collecting your blue and whites. Great job!
Angie - www.craftedAngles.com

Quiltbenaco said...

L'azzurro e il blu con il bianco sono i miei colori preferiti!
Ciao Domenica

Karen said...

I love learning new ideas and I think this one is great. Thank you.
Your blue quilt is gorgeous. It looks so cosy!

schmidt1016 said...

That is one cool technique to have at your disposal. Thanks for the info, and the pretty quilt you shared.

Leslie S. in MN
esclante at comcast dot net

Eileen said...

very good idea for a quilt. looks so nice on point! love all the blues. thanks for sharing and have a great day