Thursday, August 16, 2012

show off friday~~~vintage linens


Show Off Friday

I am determined to finish some of my UFO/WIP that I have piling up in my sewing room.
One that I am fond of, but haven't known what to do with, is this vintage linen piece that I
framed with some Amy Butler fabric that is from her Gypsy Caravan line(the original).


I was inspired this week by Heather's quilt shown here on her blog called Crafting.
I love the way she off centered the postage stamp square in her quilt.  I think I will do that
with some of my UFO/WIP pieces.  I like the modern look it gives to a traditional design.


I plan to use Kona white or snow, but I may audition a few solid colors to make certain
that the white is the best choice.

Now it is your turn to link up something~~~~ what do you have for

Show Off Friday

There are no rules for this link up party....this is just the place to show off projects you are working on!

piece,
elizabeth









2 comments:

beth said...

That new fabric really compliments your embroidered square. LOVELY!

Cherie said...

The vintage look really works well with the pattern =D