Thursday, June 23, 2011

oops


I made my first block for the Farmer's Wife quilt-along and it is going to be so bright and pretty with the Summer House fabric.  I did, however, make a mistake on my first block!  The pictures below will show you my error.  I am going to keep this block and make another with the same fabrics, BUT I will put them in the right direction next time : )  Also, I  haven't made 6.5 inch blocks in a while, and I forgot how exact you need to be with the quarter inch seam so that the block will come out exactly 6.5 inches unfinished.  There is no room for error : (  so I have to go slower and pay more attention....LOL.

Anyway, this block is the right size, just the wrong layout!  I will begin again tonight.

piece,

elizabeth

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I like your block better. Hugs.

Lynette said...

Yep. I like the mistake better. :)