Sunday, November 28, 2010

another mug rug

I  haven't been blogging over the holidays because I haven't been doing much sewing.  I am in the process of cleaning my sewing room/studio in hopes of having some fun sewing again, without all the messy distractions.  I have found several orphan blocks and I made a quick mug rug out of one of them.  I didn't bind or quilt this one, I just sewed it with batting and backing(right sides together) and left a few inches so I could turn it right side out.  I used a chop stick to push the corners out, ironed it, and then sewed about an eighth inch all the way around, which closed the opening and gave it a finished look.  I may do some big stitch quilting or embroidery later, but I kinda like it already : )   It is a six inch block.

I have always wondered how do you know if you have a sewing room or studio?  ; )
piece,
elizabeth

1 comment:

JayTee said...

what a neat way to use the 6" UFOs...i think I have a few of those. I like the no binding!!